Still need Help?
Have software questions?
Get your answers here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the default username and password in the software?
6. How do I install my software on another, networked computer?
The default username is: Admin and the password is: admin1
Disable any firewalls and turn off any anti-virus software
Begin installing FedCert Suite on the new computer, when you get to the screen that asks whether you want to install the "Server,"
"Client," or "Both", select "Client"
A dialog box will appear asking you to select the server computer. Select the computer that your existing database is on.
At the end of the process, a FedCert Suite icon will appear on your desktop that allows you to access your existing data.
Want to try out the software?
Download a demo version of the
We offer a variety
of Certificate of
Check out our custom graphics
and trailer label catalog.
What are other trailer
manufacturers saying about
All images and content copyright 2011 Dec-O-Art, Inc.
3914 Lexington Park Drive, Elkhart IN 46514
5. How do I move my software (and database) to a new computer? (This instruction is for moving your entire database.
It is not the same thing as networking with other computers.)
1. On your old computer, back up your existing 4.0 software. how? Then save it to a disk or jump drive.
2. Download the demo onto your new computer. how? Then install it. how?
3. Enter the license code for your WMI (you received this in an email when you purchased your original 4.0 or 3.1 package). how?
4. From the jump drive or CD, upload your FedCert Suite database onto your new computer. how?
5. After you have completed the above steps, verify that your WMI and existing data appear correctly on your new computer.
4. I got an error when I tried to install the software.
Errors are caused by anti-virus software and fire walls being left on. You'll need to log into the
computer as the administrator and temporarily disable them - then reinstall FedCert Suite.
7. I've lost my network connection.
Make sure your server computer is on and the network connection is intact. If both are working properly, do the following
(terminology can vary depending on your operating system):
13. Why does every VIN start with HZZ in the demo version of the software?
14. What are GVWR, GAWR, shipping weight, and cargo carrying capacity?
15. What are tire identification numbers?
16. What is the sequential production number and how does it work in FedCert Suite?
To prevent software piracy, the demo software is coded with a fake WMI (world
manufacturer identifier). When you purchase the software, your company's WMI will
be hard coded in your copy.
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR): the weight of the empty trailer plus the
maximum cargo weight
The sequential production number is the last 3 digits (or last 6 digits) of your VIN. By default, it starts at 001 and
advances by 1 for each vehicle you produce. FedCert Suite allows you to set your beginning production number
when you start to use the software, then automatically advances it for you as it calculates the VIN's for each of
your subsequent vehicles. (NHTSA does not recommend that manufacturers used different production numbering
systems for different models, so the software doesn't allow users to do that.)
Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR): the maximum weight each axle can carry.
When you record the GAWR in the software, enter the weight of one axle, not the
weight of all axles totaled together
Shipping weight: the weight of your completed trailer, which includes all the components your trailer is sold with.
Cargo carrying capacity (CCC): the GVWR minus the shipping weight. The software calculates this weight for you.
Go to your control panel and go into "Administrative Tools"
Click on "Services and Applications" then go into "Services"
Look for the item named "SQL Server (FEDDATABASE8)"
Look to the right at the Status column - the status should be "Started". If it is not listed as "Started", right click in that column and
change it to this status.
Go back to your FedCert Suite icon and open the program to re-test your connection.
8. How do I find my computer name?
This must be done from the computer that is storing the data files. Go to the icon on your desktop titled "My Computer" and right
click and select properties or go to the Start Menu and to the Control Panel-Select System. This will open a System Properties
window where you can go to the tab titled "Computer Name". Look for the "Full Computer Name" and enter the name exactly as it
appears up to, but not including, the first period.
9. What operating systems is the software compatible with?
Windows XP: Service Pack 3 (only), Windows Vista: Service Pack 2, 32 bit (only), Windows 7: Service Pack 1, 32 & 64 bit
10. How do I completely uninstall all of FedCert Suite's components?
Go to your program menu and access the FedCert Suite. You should have two shortcuts, one will be uninstall.
This will go quickly and will only uninstall a portion of the program.
If you're using 2008 SQL for any of your other programs, be careful with the next
steps. If you don't use 2008 SQL for anything else, remove the following programs:
From the Control Panel, Programs (uninstall a program).
Uninstall everything listed below:
Microsoft Sql Server 2008 R2 (note if you have additional programs using the 2008
SQL, you will only remove FedDatabase and do not remove any of the other
programs listed below)
Microsoft Sql Server 2008 R2 Native Client
Microsoft Sql Server 2008 R2 Setup (English)
Microsoft Sql Server 2008 R2 Setup Support Files
Microsoft Sql Server 2008 R2 Server Browser
Microsoft Sql Server 2008 R2 VSS Writer
Then from remove the C:\FedDatabase8 folder.
12. Can I add an old vehicle in order to reprint a damaged label?
When you enter a vehicle from an old year, be careful to correctly re-enter your current information:
1. Go to your administration menu and open the company information window
2. Write down your current sequential production number
3. Change your year and sequential production number to the settings you need and save them.
4. Create a model with the required information
5. Create the vehicle using the new model
6. Print your labels
7. Change your year and sequential production number back to the correct settings and save them.
8. Inactivate the model you created for the old year.
11. What size should a logo be for printing on MSO's?
The optimum file size for a logo graphic is 1.5 x .5 inches. A signature file should be
1.5 x .5 inches. A warranty registration should be 6.375 x 2.375.
Vehicles cannot be deleted from the database. You are able to make modifications to an existing vehicle, though.
You can change the model that the vehicle is based as well as any other vehicle detail (except for the sequential
production number). Simply make your changes and recalculate the VIN.
17. Can I delete a vehicle?